Sunday, December 2, 2012

I XOXO Apple Care: Battery Life iPhone Issue Fixed

 
I thought I would pass on some information that I recently gathered after placing 3 phone calls to AppleCare. I was having serious battery draining issues on my iPhone as in it was fully charged at 2 a.m. and was totally drained by 6:30 a.m. with no apps running but the basics. An in-store appointment at the Genius Bar did not help. But after my third call to Apple Care, the problem appears to be fixed.

If you are having iPhone battery life issues, and don't have AppleCare, here are some things you can do. Start by going into your settings. From there:

1. Under NOTIFICATIONS: set to "Manually"; limit # of things IN NOTIFICATION CENTER, I only have "phone, messages, and calendar" in there now. All my other apps are NOT IN NOTIFICATION CENTER.

2. Turn off BLUETOOTH whenever you are not using one, otherwise battery is always looking for it.
(you can do the same for WIFI)

3. Under PRIVACY > LOCATION SERVICES, limit what you have running. I am only running Maps and Weather. I don't necessarily want FB and Twitter to keep tabs on me.

In addition to futzing with my settings, I also restored my phone via iTunes. But this did not seem to help it as much as changing the settings did.

No comments: