|Decoupage deer found outside The Library of Flowers booth|
I am XOXO-ing some of the new florals recently spied at the New York International Gift Fair. They are not traditional renderings of roses or peonies, nor realistic depictions of lilacs or sunflowers. They are folksy flowers -- a bit boho, a bit nostalgic. These whimsical, often naive specimens look like they might have decorated children's storybooks in the 60s and 70s. They are hybrids; with elements inspired by Frida Kahlo, Marimekko, and Art Deco These blooms are bigger than ditzy florals, and just as sweet, and they are putting me in the mood for spring and redoing something!
Here are a few of my fresh picks ...
1. Jardine Rug by NuLoom
2. Pochoir Pink from Vintage Smith
3. Porcelain Vase with gold floral accents from Jonathan Adler
4. Notecards and journals from Ecojot
5. August Morgan pillows by Kate Hersch featuring vintage needlework
6. Limited edition jewelry by artist Dion Hitchings for Schmutzerland
7. Wrapping paper from Snow & Graham
8, Quilted blankets from Utility Canvas
Then, walking back from the Javits, I saw a stenciled design on the side of a small flower stall.
So I stopped and shot the roses!