Friday, July 15, 2011

Atlanta Gift Show: High Lights


lap pool on the roof of MidCity Lofts
Here I am at 7:15 pm Thursday. I left AmericasMart, determined to be good to myself. I succeeded.

From my perch above the steamy city, I reflected on the day's sights, took the quickest nap in unrecorded history, and then perused a copy of "Garden  & Gun" which was the most talked about magazine today --- at least in the conversations that I had.

Back to the show, here are some highlights -- literally High Lights. There were tons of cool chandeliers. Lots of perforated metals, lots of bird cagey wire-framed industrial varieties, fabric drums, and some glam vintage modern interpretations.
souk style at Four Hands

Peninsula Home's Mondis globe is bigger than a beach ball
more wiry chandis at Zentique
Halo Styles's longer Cylindre chandelier is 39.5 "L

Currey & Co is daring with color

at Cyan Design, you can buy extra glass links to lengthen this chandelier

Relaxed drum shades in cotton and linen fabrics from Lacefield Designs
Chicken feeder lamps from Tritter Feefer

and a fixture with a vintage modern vibe from Arteriors Home


That's all she wrote. Time to go to bed.
Lights out!




No comments: