Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Odd Duck (continued)

So there I was at the Odd Duck Bazaar, in the land of WANT... marveling at handmade creations that can brighten up a home -- for a desk, wall, sink, bed, kitchen --wherever.
sticker bought at Le Flow Design
The first thing I bought was a Marilyn sticker to tart up a plain thrift shop journal that I decided to make into my new work diary ...which I intend to write in everyday!


Then I found this happy owl, painted on a piece of wood, by Rachel DeJohn at Peace Owls and Other Lovely Things. My friend Debbie bought it for me. XOXO her!
Rachel is on the right, and her sister Jessica is on the left (duh!). They are both beautiful artists.
Jessica calls her biz Chloe The Hot Dog & Friends. She made this LOVE-ly little dish which was about $10 give or take a few bucks.
Love these deerly! Bambi-licious wall decor (about $45 and up) from Sara Leigh (sounds like the cake) of Stitch of Whimsy.
 
Super sweet Goodnight Moon pillow from Shelley Mitchell ($70).




Katrina Cristobal and her grandmother Olga shared a booth. Each woman displayed her own brand of kitsch.
Chuckie's in love with Olga's doll plates, made with vintage Japanese doll faces, Hong Kong baskets, and an array of vintage embellishments.
Katrina's woody signs ($20) and plated wall art ($24 - see what she's holding two pictures before) are part of  her Home ECOnomics collection.
From Belle Adore Boutique
And I could not resist this $5 musical instrument for one of my bestie's little boys. I think Cooper Tantau needs this in his life.

                                   XOXO, jane


.




3 comments:

Belle and Beau said...

Thanks for including my up-cycled music shaker in your blog post! Glad to hear you enjoyed yourself at the Odd Duck Handmade Bazaar and Indie Craft Fair 2011! Hope to see you next year too. :)

Shelley Mitchell said...

awesome!! Thanks for coming out to the Odd Duck, thanks for writing about it, and thanks for including my big giant bed fellow :)

eclecticamiami said...

It was great talking to you on Saturday, Jane. Thanks so much for including us - my grandmother is going to get a kick out of seeing herself online! :)