Wednesday, April 6, 2011

There's No Time Like NOW

Today I was included in a blog, and my friend, Cheryl Maeder, called frantically asking for my blog link. "They need it right now," she insisted. So I gave her this one...the not quite done one. If I may draw a parallel to giving birth -- at 3:00 pm, this blog was still in labor.

Now, at 10:20 PM, it's not. Tonight is the official birth of wantneedxoxo. The "xoxo" stands for LOVE.

So here I go...

My favorite "killer look" of the day. A hand painted eye tray, done on a 91/4" W x 7 1/4" H metal tray by Bob Christian Decorative Art, found at an antique mall at 3300 S. Dixie Highway in West Palm Beach. I think it is $120. My friend Kerry and I concur that the Dixie Highway expanse of formerly owned goods - fine and not so much -- is the best South Florida has to offer.

If this eye were mine, i'd put it in the entryway perhaps hung at eye level right when you walk in. It works on almost any background  whether a solid or patterned. Of course, it would also look swell on a Lucite, lacquered or bleached wood table. There are many perfect places for this small great piece.

I have always loved depictions of eyes. My sister used to draw faces with wide open long-lashed eyes. Lately, I've taken up sketching them quickly in black acrylic paint. I get my inspiration from old magazines.

No comments: