Thursday, January 26, 2012

I XOXO CLEVERNESS: 5 Cool DIY Ideas from Atlanta Gift Market

As I strolled the floors of AmericasMart at the recent Atlanta Gift Show, I spied several clever DIY ideas. Whether for sale or just for show, these DIY projects and furnishings used recycled or re-purposed elements. Since I am not a clever DIY-er, but merely an observer of what's good, stylish, and blogworthy, I will not be supplying instruction. This is purely inspiration.

1. CRAYON PEACE SIGN
 is one DIY project I believe I could actually do with a glue gun, board, and a lotta crayons.
(by Mike Farrell, as part of a rotating exhibit called Blue Home)

2. SHUTTER SHELVES
enable you to display cool stuff while adding architectural interest.


3. SOUVENIR LAMP
allows you to stow/see the mementos -- corks, shells, spools, a weird doll -- you've been collecting, plus it comes with a nice linen shade.

4. THE GARBAGE FLOWERS KIT
enables the pack rat to become a floral designer

5.  THE RULER CHANDELIER
simply rules immeasurably.
(from Go Home)

No comments: