Tuesday, April 10, 2012

XOXO: School Art Projects

 photo from here
I was googling around for op-art stencils today and discovered Krissy Sabol, a passionate and committed Connecticut art teacher. From her Flickr alone, I know I XOXO and respect her. Krissy dreamed up this project to familiarize her 6th grade class with Op-Art. She explains, " They studied various versions of optical illusions and then recreated their own on a 20-sided geometric form called an icosahedron. Making the stencil for the form required careful patience and instruction, and drawing the illusions took planning and diligence. All turned out beautifully and certainly made us dizzy!"


I'm a greedy mom when it comes to school art projects of which there aren't many. Here are 3 of my favorite.

two views of the same project done in 10th grade art

I saw a teacher carrying this and asked her about it. She gave it to me. I don't think any of my kids actually made it. Wasn't that nice of her?

That's my Dylan. She painted it this year in 10th grade art.
Dylan produced the most art in 3 months of art class than she did in her 15 1/2 years.
She impressed me.


KRISSY, COME TO SOUTH FLORIDA FOR A YEAR!!!




No comments: