Thursday, September 13, 2012

SCHUMACHER FABRICS COVER SOHO BEACH HOUSE


Yesterday was my first visit to the Soho Beach House. I was invited by Schumacher for a breakfast and fabric viewing. I wore my new pants, of course.


I put the address in my GPS, blinked, and missed it, as the 100-room hotel is set back a wee bit from the curve of Collins Avenue @ 43rd Street, and somewhat enshrouded with palms. But finally I found it, and oh, what a treasure. I XOXO it.

Schumacher had taken a large suite on the 8th floor. In addition to having fabrics laid out on tables, they had added a lotta pillows to the existing upholstery. I am happy to report that besides the amazing fabrics and swank setting (which smelled so good on the spa floor), my Ikat-inspired pants fit right in. I was told that the pattern is several hundred years old and has appeared on an Uzbekistan priest's robe.


No comments: